Dramatis Personae
 


Many-Headed Multitude
[+/-] academic blogs
[+/-] other blogs we like


Our Ongoing Series

In Sad Conference
... live reports from the field
[+/-] RSA 2008
[+/-] SAA 2008
[+/-] MLA 2007
[+/-] SAA 2007
[+/-] RSA 2007
[+/-] MLA 2006
[+/-] SAA 2006
[+/-] RSA 2006


Read On This Book
... our occasional reading group
About the reading group
[+/-] Inkhorn reads the Anatomy [+/-] FS Boas, University Drama [+/-] D. Shuger, Political Theologies


The Motto Thus
... our silly woodcut caption contest
[+/-] Past Contests


More Foolery Yet
... which we write periodically
[+/-] Holzknecht Redivivus
[+/-] EEBOnics
[+/-] Notes and Queries

Monday, July 24, 2006

Books in Offices

Our favorite statistics professor has had a biblio-tragedy, involving words like "gooey, sticky puddles," "brown," "splash," and "first editions." Ugh.

On a semi-related note, I still haven't quite figured out what books to keep in my office. I find, sadly, that whenever I decide to keep one there, I end up needing it at home. And since I do little straight-up prep or writing in my school office, it's not clear which books exactly it does make sense to store there (though Angry Professor's post has reinforced the idea of what not to house on campus).

  • At 7/28/2006 12:27:00 AM, Blogger Inkhorn wrote…

    I happen to have a certain distance between home and office, which complicates the problem -- no easy going back and forth. I've never found a satisfactory way of dividing the kingdoms, and the result is that I just have to remember what's where, in all of the arbitrary toing and froing.

     

  • At 7/28/2006 12:00:00 PM, Blogger Hieronimo wrote…

    For me, it's about not wanting all those work-related books in the home. So I tend to store them all at school and then bring home the ones relating to what I'm writing, putting them in a small bookcase. That way I don't have to deal with a lot of mega-bookcases at home and I don't have to be reminded of work all the time.

    This worked more easily at my old job, where I could easily go back and forth, than I suspect it will at my new job. But at my new job I simply don't have the space in my home to store all those books.

     


 Scribble some marginalia



<< Main