Dramatis Personae
 


Many-Headed Multitude
[+/-] academic blogs
[+/-] other blogs we like


Our Ongoing Series

In Sad Conference
... live reports from the field
[+/-] RSA 2008
[+/-] SAA 2008
[+/-] MLA 2007
[+/-] SAA 2007
[+/-] RSA 2007
[+/-] MLA 2006
[+/-] SAA 2006
[+/-] RSA 2006


Read On This Book
... our occasional reading group
About the reading group
[+/-] Inkhorn reads the Anatomy [+/-] FS Boas, University Drama [+/-] D. Shuger, Political Theologies


The Motto Thus
... our silly woodcut caption contest
[+/-] Past Contests


More Foolery Yet
... which we write periodically
[+/-] Holzknecht Redivivus
[+/-] EEBOnics
[+/-] Notes and Queries

Sunday, March 25, 2007

RSA: Not all bad.

This will be a brief post, since it's late, I'm tired, and I have a very early flight out of purgatory I mean Miami tomorrow. But I do feel like this must be said in a post: the closing reception for RSA this year featured one of the best buffets I have ever had the pleasure of buffeting. So someone did something very, very right. Ok. That's my positive post. To bed.

  • At 3/25/2007 12:29:00 AM, Blogger Pamphilia wrote…

    Oh, crap. I missed the buffet. It took 40 minutes to cross the bridge to South Beach in the pouring rain and then there were no seats in the recommended sushi place. I have high hopes for San Diego, though. Anything will be better than this!

     

  • At 3/25/2007 08:44:00 PM, Blogger Ancarett wrote…

    I left early (got a really inexpensive flight home on Saturday!) so I missed that. Dang!

     

  • At 3/27/2007 08:32:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous wrote…

    You are so right about the RSA. Bonding (if enforced bonding) in the elevators enlivened things somewhat. Stand-out moment has to be a British academic (I'll spare her blushes) asking my colleague to 'bang 5 for me' in the lift. You had to be there.

     


 Scribble some marginalia



<< Main