Dramatis Personae
 


Many-Headed Multitude
[+/-] academic blogs
[+/-] other blogs we like


Our Ongoing Series

In Sad Conference
... live reports from the field
[+/-] RSA 2008
[+/-] SAA 2008
[+/-] MLA 2007
[+/-] SAA 2007
[+/-] RSA 2007
[+/-] MLA 2006
[+/-] SAA 2006
[+/-] RSA 2006


Read On This Book
... our occasional reading group
About the reading group
[+/-] Inkhorn reads the Anatomy [+/-] FS Boas, University Drama [+/-] D. Shuger, Political Theologies


The Motto Thus
... our silly woodcut caption contest
[+/-] Past Contests


More Foolery Yet
... which we write periodically
[+/-] Holzknecht Redivivus
[+/-] EEBOnics
[+/-] Notes and Queries

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Money to Spend, Books to Buy

I have about $200 for book-buying that will disappear if I don't spend it before I leave Nameless University at the end of the semester for my new digs at the University of the Unnamed.

What should I buy? Any suggestions?

The only two criteria are:

1) they must be academic books somehow related to early modern studies, whether historical, literary critical, or theoretical;

2) they must not be this book:


Help me out. What have you read lately that needs to be on my shelf?

  • At 4/18/2006 10:11:00 PM, Blogger Simplicius wrote…

    Are you thinking new or used? There's that big book not in our period but in our field that's like $140.

     

  • At 4/19/2006 09:08:00 AM, Blogger Simplicius wrote…

    Books by your new colleagues that you don't already own.

     

  • At 4/21/2006 11:56:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous wrote…

    I don't know (early modern's not my field, although I've been enjoying the clever and entertaining writing here), but my loathing for Dan Brown cannot be measured. Mark Twain hated Jane Austen, evidently, and said that any library was a good library that did not have any of her books in it. Even if it had no other books. While I love Austen, this seems to me to exactly describe *The Da Vinci Code*.

     


 Scribble some marginalia



<< Main