Dramatis Personae
 


Many-Headed Multitude
[+/-] academic blogs
[+/-] other blogs we like


Our Ongoing Series

In Sad Conference
... live reports from the field
[+/-] RSA 2008
[+/-] SAA 2008
[+/-] MLA 2007
[+/-] SAA 2007
[+/-] RSA 2007
[+/-] MLA 2006
[+/-] SAA 2006
[+/-] RSA 2006


Read On This Book
... our occasional reading group
About the reading group
[+/-] Inkhorn reads the Anatomy [+/-] FS Boas, University Drama [+/-] D. Shuger, Political Theologies


The Motto Thus
... our silly woodcut caption contest
[+/-] Past Contests


More Foolery Yet
... which we write periodically
[+/-] Holzknecht Redivivus
[+/-] EEBOnics
[+/-] Notes and Queries

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

We are slackers.

I just noticed it's been a good two weeks since anyone posted here. Wow. We are really slacking off. Unless the fact that we aren't blogging actually means that we're not slacking off on our real work. I can't speak for I, S, and T, but sadly that's not the case with me.

Anyway, maybe we'll have more to say soon, once the final days of summer are officially past. I start teaching in the next few days at my new school, and so the usual back-to-school depression is tempered this year by first-day-at-school excitement. I should buy a new Starsky & Hutch lunchbox.

  • At 8/30/2006 02:18:00 PM, Blogger Pantagruelle wrote…

    Perhaps the slacking is from summer conferencing? Did any of you go to the ISA in Brisbane? I really loved your In Sad Conference series on the SAA, and I was wondering if you were going to add in the ISA too? We've got a bit of a discussion going already over on Sound and Fury's blog at http://signifyingno-thing.blogspot.com/2006/07/return-triumphans.html but I'd really like to hear what other people's experiences down under were too.

     

  • At 8/30/2006 02:46:00 PM, Blogger Hieronimo wrote…

    Hi Pantagruelle,

    Nope, none of us attended; we'll definitely keep conference-blogging all the ones we do go to. This year, I believe at least one of us will be at MLA, GEMCS, SAA, and RSA. A busy year of gossip.

    I was supposed to go to ISA but pulled out in the end because this summer was just too hectic. I've heard great things from everyone I know who went--but they are mainly about Australia (and New Zealand), not the conference itself.

     

  • At 8/30/2006 03:49:00 PM, Blogger Simplicius wrote…

    Jeebus, Hieronimo, this is your first post since July 16th--slacker. My is excuse is excessive amounts of copyediting, proofreading, and indexing. They may not get me tenure, but they do fit in nicely with my increasingly OCD-lifestyle.

    And thanks Patagruelle for the link; I've found the SAA seminar format to be hit or miss, but it clearly could be worse.

    But for now, I'm off to the mall.

     

  • At 8/31/2006 12:03:00 AM, Blogger Hieronimo wrote…

    My excuses are:

    1) moving;

    2) being a slacker.

     

  • At 8/31/2006 12:11:00 AM, Blogger bdh wrote…

    *cough* woodcut caption contest *cough*

     

  • At 8/31/2006 10:22:00 AM, Blogger Pantagruelle wrote…

    Yes! Reviving the Woodcut Caption Contest was exactly what I was going to suggest too! How 'bout it guys? What better way to mark the beginning of a new term?

    Hieronimo, I'd have to agree with the reports you heard. Australia was fantastic! The conference itself was just another conference with highs and lows, more of the latter than former, and it seemed to drag on for too long. I'm doing GEMCS and SAA this year (who could possibly pass up San Diego?!) and will be looking forward to your reports from the field to compare notes.

     

  • At 8/31/2006 04:24:00 PM, Blogger Pamphilia wrote…

    Some of us have already started teaching and thus have no time for slacking . . .

    All y'all yankees better enjoy your summer before it's autumn.

    I'll be at RSA and SAA too this year. I can't wait to read the blog reports. I can't believe I didn't run into you folks last year. Or maybe I did . . .

     

  • At 9/01/2006 01:19:00 PM, Blogger Flavia wrote…

    It is entirely possible to teach AND to slack--a combination that I like to think I've perfected.

    And I, too, will be at MLA, GEMCS, and SAA. I'll be the one wearing black. (Oh, wait. . .)

     

  • At 9/01/2006 06:57:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous wrote…

    Seriously. I was checking this blog daily for a while: it had posts that were funny, interesting, and occasionally political. Me likee. Come back and post y'all.

     


 Scribble some marginalia



<< Main