Dramatis Personae
 


Many-Headed Multitude
[+/-] academic blogs
[+/-] other blogs we like


Our Ongoing Series

In Sad Conference
... live reports from the field
[+/-] RSA 2008
[+/-] SAA 2008
[+/-] MLA 2007
[+/-] SAA 2007
[+/-] RSA 2007
[+/-] MLA 2006
[+/-] SAA 2006
[+/-] RSA 2006


Read On This Book
... our occasional reading group
About the reading group
[+/-] Inkhorn reads the Anatomy [+/-] FS Boas, University Drama [+/-] D. Shuger, Political Theologies


The Motto Thus
... our silly woodcut caption contest
[+/-] Past Contests


More Foolery Yet
... which we write periodically
[+/-] Holzknecht Redivivus
[+/-] EEBOnics
[+/-] Notes and Queries

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Autobibliographic narcissism continues...

I just checked Bookfinder for my book and discovered that one used copy is selling (well, more properly, not selling) for ... wait for it ... $212! Apparently this bookseller has been hitting the pipe. Even the exorbitant, library-sales-inflated price that you'll pay if you buy the book new from the press is only about 1/3 of that. I've seen this at least five times, a used copy selling for more than the new price. What's that about?

Of course, I did put a golden ticket between pages 136 and 137 of three copies of the book, so maybe this is one of those.

  • At 3/23/2006 11:13:00 AM, Blogger Simplicius wrote…

    Nice image. At the restaurant where I used to work, smoking crack was referred to as "sucking the glass dick." Fast forward ten years: I find out one of my friends had once smoked crack; I'm suitably shocked and reply, "I can't believe you smoked the glass dick." Suddenly I was the freak. Sheesh!

     

  • At 3/23/2006 01:26:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous wrote…

    Booksellers seeing what they can get away with? First edition maybe? The interesting thing will be if it sells, I suppose...

     

  • At 3/23/2006 02:48:00 PM, Blogger Hieronimo wrote…

    First and only edition... if it sells, then the burden of "WTF?" certainly shifts to the buyer.

     


 Scribble some marginalia



<< Main