Dramatis Personae
 


Many-Headed Multitude
[+/-] academic blogs
[+/-] other blogs we like


Our Ongoing Series

In Sad Conference
... live reports from the field
[+/-] RSA 2008
[+/-] SAA 2008
[+/-] MLA 2007
[+/-] SAA 2007
[+/-] RSA 2007
[+/-] MLA 2006
[+/-] SAA 2006
[+/-] RSA 2006


Read On This Book
... our occasional reading group
About the reading group
[+/-] Inkhorn reads the Anatomy [+/-] FS Boas, University Drama [+/-] D. Shuger, Political Theologies


The Motto Thus
... our silly woodcut caption contest
[+/-] Past Contests


More Foolery Yet
... which we write periodically
[+/-] Holzknecht Redivivus
[+/-] EEBOnics
[+/-] Notes and Queries

Friday, September 07, 2007

New Names

Exciting times, these. Gwen Stefani is making clothes. Classes are beginning. I am once again writing blog posts instead of book chapters. But most excitingly of all...

New Names.

First:

We're getting bigger and growing a red nose. We're probably drinking too much, and we're definitely hanging around with a bad element. What does it all mean? We're adding a co-blogger to our ranks. Please welcome everyone's favorite tavern-dweller/breach-charger, Bardolph. Fresh blood! Fresh brains! (He's actually bait for vampires and zombies, but don't tell him.) Glad to have you here Bardolph. Now if you'll just present your cranium towards that shuffling gentleman over there... that's it. You won't feel a thing.

Second:

I'm changing my pseudonym. When this blog began, here's who I thought would read it: Inkhorn, Hieronimo, and Simplicius. I chose my name because I knew they would think it was funny. But the more readers we get, the more I feel like I've chosen poorly. Thus: henceforth, call me Greenwit. I will continue to aspire to Truewit status. But I'm not there yet. Talk to me at the end of the play, and we'll see how it all turns out.

Here's to a good semester...

  • At 9/07/2007 03:35:00 PM, Blogger Simplicius wrote…

    Welcome Bardolph! Thou art our admiral, thou bearest the lantern in the poop, but 'tis in the nose of thee. Thou art the Knight of the Burning Lamp. I never see thy face but I think upon hell-fire and Dives that liv'd in purple.

     

  • At 9/07/2007 03:36:00 PM, Blogger Simplicius wrote…

    Typical Greenwit, goin' by the wrong name all this time.

     

  • At 9/08/2007 12:02:00 AM, Blogger Hieronimo wrote…

    Welcome to Bardolph! Without quotes from Shakespeare. Just welcome. We could use the fresh brains around here... things have been awfully slow. That time of year. Or career. Or something.

     

  • At 9/08/2007 09:42:00 AM, Blogger Bardolph wrote…

    Sblood, I would my face were in your belly!

    Which is my way of saying hello, and delighted to be here, and looking forward to orbiting the blogosphere with you all.

     

  • At 9/08/2007 12:02:00 PM, Blogger Rachel Roberts wrote…

    Is your Greenwit a groatsworth?

     


 Scribble some marginalia



<< Main