Dramatis Personae
 


Many-Headed Multitude
[+/-] academic blogs
[+/-] other blogs we like


Our Ongoing Series

In Sad Conference
... live reports from the field
[+/-] RSA 2008
[+/-] SAA 2008
[+/-] MLA 2007
[+/-] SAA 2007
[+/-] RSA 2007
[+/-] MLA 2006
[+/-] SAA 2006
[+/-] RSA 2006


Read On This Book
... our occasional reading group
About the reading group
[+/-] Inkhorn reads the Anatomy [+/-] FS Boas, University Drama [+/-] D. Shuger, Political Theologies


The Motto Thus
... our silly woodcut caption contest
[+/-] Past Contests


More Foolery Yet
... which we write periodically
[+/-] Holzknecht Redivivus
[+/-] EEBOnics
[+/-] Notes and Queries

Saturday, September 09, 2006

Advantages to a Small Town over a Big City

1) in a small town, you wait on line at the DMV for about 15 minutes; today I went to the DMV in my new city to get my new license: I got there at 11 am and received number 804; they were currently on number 771. I left at 2:30 pm.

2) lower blood pressure due to #1

3) that's all for now.

And yes, I know complaining about the DMV is rather unoriginal. And yet, I nonetheless feel like shooting someone in the face right now.

P.S. Don't forget about Caption Contest Reloaded: see the sidebar and give it a shot.

  • At 9/09/2006 06:02:00 PM, Blogger Flavia wrote…

    So true. When I went to get my license renewed in Major Urban City, I waited on line for 2.5 hours just to file the paperwork, and I wound up not getting a new photo because that was a whole 'nother line.

    When I moved to this city, I waited perhaps 20 minutes, in a line of about eight people--but everyone around me was STILL complaining about how there was always a line at the DMV.

     

  • At 9/13/2006 02:12:00 PM, Blogger Pamphilia wrote…

    Disadvantages of a particular Southern state over most Northern ones:

    1) Having to re-take the written drivers test to get your new license

    2) Having to schlep a ton of paper work with you

    3) Having to drive way the hell out to nowhere to the dmv

    4) Having to do it all in your first 2 months here

     


 Scribble some marginalia



<< Main