Dramatis Personae
 


Many-Headed Multitude
[+/-] academic blogs
[+/-] other blogs we like


Our Ongoing Series

In Sad Conference
... live reports from the field
[+/-] RSA 2008
[+/-] SAA 2008
[+/-] MLA 2007
[+/-] SAA 2007
[+/-] RSA 2007
[+/-] MLA 2006
[+/-] SAA 2006
[+/-] RSA 2006


Read On This Book
... our occasional reading group
About the reading group
[+/-] Inkhorn reads the Anatomy [+/-] FS Boas, University Drama [+/-] D. Shuger, Political Theologies


The Motto Thus
... our silly woodcut caption contest
[+/-] Past Contests


More Foolery Yet
... which we write periodically
[+/-] Holzknecht Redivivus
[+/-] EEBOnics
[+/-] Notes and Queries

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Woodcut Caption Contest Winner

I was hoping to hand this one out to a non-BtR team-member, but ever since 20,000 words of Shuger-dissecting got in between the original post and the top of the page, there have been few (i.e. no) new entries. That's ok, though, since I've got to give it up for the big H. Hieronimo is mad (funny) again. Here's his winning entry in our inaugural woodcut caption contest. Very Bradstreet. We'll have another silly woodcut up soon enough... Be sure to post in with your caption so we don't have to keep patting ourselves on the back around here. Our completely arbitrary panel of judges will pick another winner.

  • At 5/10/2006 06:06:00 PM, Blogger Hieronimo wrote…

    Woo-hoo! I've never felt so proud in my life!

     

  • At 5/10/2006 06:58:00 PM, Blogger Simplicius wrote…

    Not "Shugar-bashing," but "Shuger discussion." Sheesh, from someone who came to the blog without having done the reading at that. Maybe you should come see me in my office hours, Mr. Wit.

     

  • At 5/10/2006 08:10:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous wrote…

    True, dat (to Mr. Wit)

    Yay, Hieronimo!

     

  • At 5/11/2006 12:28:00 AM, Blogger Greenwit wrote…

    irony? anyone?

     

  • At 5/11/2006 12:54:00 AM, Blogger Hieronimo wrote…

    I see that you've substituted "Shuger-dissecting"--much apter. Less Wit, more True.

     

  • At 5/11/2006 09:20:00 AM, Blogger Simplicius wrote…

    Is there any way one of you could insert the winning caption in the woodcut, you know, New Yorker style? That'd be sweet.

     

  • At 5/11/2006 09:29:00 AM, Blogger Greenwit wrote…

    I'm going to leave that one up to the head of the design department...

     

  • At 5/11/2006 11:23:00 AM, Blogger Hieronimo wrote…

    Ok, I take it "head of the design team" means me, since I spent a good five hours designing yesterday. Must. Get. Back. To. Work.

    Well, here it is (with post text slightly edited to reflect the new captioned image).

    Let's see: I'd like to thank my dissertation director, the SAA, all my peers who voted for me, and especially I want to thank the very brave men and women of deep faith who crossed the ocean searching for a new land of freedom. It's their fight that inspires the work I do. Without them this caption would never have been possible. Thank you.

     


 Scribble some marginalia



<< Main