Dramatis Personae
 


Many-Headed Multitude
[+/-] academic blogs
[+/-] other blogs we like


Our Ongoing Series

In Sad Conference
... live reports from the field
[+/-] RSA 2008
[+/-] SAA 2008
[+/-] MLA 2007
[+/-] SAA 2007
[+/-] RSA 2007
[+/-] MLA 2006
[+/-] SAA 2006
[+/-] RSA 2006


Read On This Book
... our occasional reading group
About the reading group
[+/-] Inkhorn reads the Anatomy [+/-] FS Boas, University Drama [+/-] D. Shuger, Political Theologies


The Motto Thus
... our silly woodcut caption contest
[+/-] Past Contests


More Foolery Yet
... which we write periodically
[+/-] Holzknecht Redivivus
[+/-] EEBOnics
[+/-] Notes and Queries

Sunday, January 07, 2007

Cliopatra non-award

Well, we did not win Best Group Blog from the Cliopatra Awards, but thanks for the nomination, Sharon! One of 16 nominations, with all those blogs out there on the internets ... we'll take it. Hearty congratulations and much mazel to Civil Warriors, winner of the category. Their blog is about the Civil War, which for reasons I can't understand, they seem to think took place in the 19th century. I don't see how they could win a Cliopatra Award if they can't even get the century of their topic correct. If it's Civil War you want, see here, here, here, here, here, or even here.

The vastly more important award--our 6th periodical Woodcut Caption Contest--will be announced soon, so post your entry quickly if you've got one; you've got to be in to win.

  • At 1/12/2007 06:15:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous wrote…

    Dear BtR,

    I've been having trouble with the RSS feed since about Christmas (i.e., not getting the feed). Do you have any indication whether this is a problem on your end or mine?

    Cheers.

     

  • At 1/12/2007 10:21:00 AM, Blogger Hieronimo wrote…

    Anon: could you let us know if it is working now? I believe the problem may be with Bloglines... do you use that service? I think I've fixed it now, but please let us know. Thanks.

     

  • At 1/12/2007 11:08:00 AM, Blogger Flavia wrote…

    FWIW, I subscribe through Bloglines and haven't had any problems getting updates.

     

  • At 1/12/2007 06:55:00 PM, Blogger Hieronimo wrote…

    Flavia: I think you probably subscribe via the Atom feed, which most Bloglines users get; but for some reason, with the RSS feed, if there are no Bloglines subscribers, then the feed itself may not get updated. I think this is the problem because I unsubscribed to the RSS feed around Xmas for some reason. I've resubscribed to it, so I'm hoping that fixes the problem.

     

  • At 1/13/2007 09:22:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous wrote…

    I'm far from an expert on these things, but previously I'd added the following text to my Mozilla Thunderbird RSS subscriptions:

    http://feeds.feedburner.com/BloggingTheRenaissance

    After I stopped getting the feed, I tried adding it again, but Thunderbird tells me that this is not a valid RSS feed. This is true even after Heironimo's fix.

    Apologies if this is elementary: I just like reading my BtR!

     

  • At 1/13/2007 10:13:00 AM, Blogger Hieronimo wrote…

    Anon: I don't use Thunderbird, but I am able to subscribe to the RSS feed via Firefox's Live Bookmark, as well as via Bloglines. And the http://feeds.feedburner.com/BloggingTheRenaissance feed itself seems to be working. Maybe try subscribing from that page itself, rather than adding the link manually?

    Another option is to try the Atom feed: http://bloggingtherenaissance.blogspot.com/atom.xml That seems to work well with Blogger sites.

    Or if you want to subscribe via email you could try putting your email address in the "via email" box and subscribing that way. This should send you an email update.

    If anyone else is having problems with the RSS feed, let us know. Sorry I can't figure it out!

     


 Scribble some marginalia



<< Main