Dramatis Personae
 


Many-Headed Multitude
[+/-] academic blogs
[+/-] other blogs we like


Our Ongoing Series

In Sad Conference
... live reports from the field
[+/-] RSA 2008
[+/-] SAA 2008
[+/-] MLA 2007
[+/-] SAA 2007
[+/-] RSA 2007
[+/-] MLA 2006
[+/-] SAA 2006
[+/-] RSA 2006


Read On This Book
... our occasional reading group
About the reading group
[+/-] Inkhorn reads the Anatomy [+/-] FS Boas, University Drama [+/-] D. Shuger, Political Theologies


The Motto Thus
... our silly woodcut caption contest
[+/-] Past Contests


More Foolery Yet
... which we write periodically
[+/-] Holzknecht Redivivus
[+/-] EEBOnics
[+/-] Notes and Queries

Monday, June 12, 2006

Losing Books in the Library

So the library has lost a book that I returned back in February. But because I didn't bother to get a receipt for the return, and because I therefore have no proof of having returned it, I am now going to be levied with a $140 fine. Bastards.

Much worse, or at least much more expensive, than losing books off your bookshelves.

  • At 6/12/2006 05:43:00 PM, Blogger Hieronimo wrote…

    I had this problem once, and I went to the manager and told him about it, invoked my faculty status, and he waived the fine. Worth a shot.

     

  • At 6/12/2006 10:08:00 PM, Blogger Greenwit wrote…

    I <3 faculty status.

    That is my first ever unironic use of an emoticon. I'm assuming it represents a heart, which represents true love.

     

  • At 6/12/2006 10:11:00 PM, Blogger Hieronimo wrote…

    Well, actually <3 represents a sideways heart, which represents sideways true love, which may be illegal in your state.

     


 Scribble some marginalia



<< Main